Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lemon Rosemary Chicken Tacos

My inspiration for these tacos came from a playgroup lunch at Chevy's. I had an item from their menu that was similar to this...one day I just couldn't get over to Chevy's so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I served this for a baby shower with rave reviews!


Marinade:

3 tablespoons olive oil

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cloves garlic, minced

chicken


Mix all marinade ingredients together. Add chicken. 


Marinate. Grill. Serve with Lime Cilantro Aioli and Avocado Mango Salsa in flour tortillas.


Lime Cilantro Aioli

1/4 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1 teaspoon dijon mustard

2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced


Avocado Mango Salsa

1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and diced

1 tomato, seeded and diced

2 green onions , finely sliced

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

1 jalapeno chili, minced

1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced


Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. (Can be made 3 hours ahead and refrigerated). Stir in avocado and season to taste with salt and pepper.


Note: I substitute 1 can of mango for 1 fresh mango.


Makes ~ 3 cups.


From the Kitchen of: ME

1 comment:

Rachel @ Verdin Road said...

I make this again tonight for probably the 5th time. One of my all time favorite summer recipes!! Yummy!! Thanks for being such a great cook!!